eSmart Systems AS is a Norwegian entity, and act as the data controller for the personal data as described in this document. Please find our contact information below in this document.
Why do we process personal information and what information we process
- Sign up for our services, such as subscription to our blog or newsletter, download eBooks, register for a webinar hosted by us or a third party, or fill out a contact form on our website: email, name, company, phone number and other contact information you fill out based on information you provide to us. We process this information because it is necessary to provide a service directly to you (GDPR article 6 (1) b), or because it is necessary for our interest in providing the services you have ordered on behalf of yourself or a third party (GDPR article 6 (f) b).
- Recruitment to new positions at eSmart Systems: CV, application, attestations and references. Processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest of processing your application and request to us (GDPR article 6 (1) f), unless explicit consent is obtained by you.
- We use both anonymous data and personal data for marketing purposes. This data includes: email, name, position, company. We only do this if you have a customer relationship with us or if you have actively consented thereto. These activities include:
- create target groups for marketing purposes
- customized marketing, for example by providing recommendations or targeted content in our digital channels
- conduct analysis against social channels to be able to communicate with you on these channels.
- We are processing personal data when required by applicable laws, for instance accounting and providing of information when required by authorities (GDPR article 6 (1) c). You may always opt out of our marketing activities by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cease the processing of personal data for that purpose.
You are not required to provide personal information to us, but if you choose not to, you may find a reduced number of our services available to you.
Our digital channels are not intended for, or targeted at, children under 13 years of age. We do not store information about children under 13 years of age. If you think we have stored information about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us in writing so we can delete the information.
Who we share your data with
eSmart Systems AS will not pass on your personal information to others unless you have given us your consent, or if there is a legal basis for such disclosure.
We can share your data:
- In statutory cases, for example by order from the courts, the police or other public authorities, according to strict predefined processes.
- In connection with business transfer, eg. as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets or transfer of services to another company. In this case, you will be notified by email and / or see a notice in our digital channels about any changes in ownership, use of your personal information and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- For marketing purposes. We use both anonymous and personal data, but only if you have a customer relationship with us or if you have actively consented thereto. This includes submission of contact details on partner sites such as when registering for webinars or events hosted by third parties.
- Other parties with your consent.
eSmart Systems AS uses data processors to collect, store or otherwise process personal information on our behalf. In such cases, we have entered into agreements to ensure information security at all stages of the treatment. We use the following data processors as of today:
- Microsoft Clarity
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Azure
How long do we store your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data. We consider the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Personal information is stored as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or until you ask us to delete stored information about you. We define a relationship with us or our digital channels such as (i) being a customer of us, (ii) agreeing to receive marketing information from us, or (iii) actively requesting contact with us through social media, electronic messages or online forms.
For example, if you send us your CV and apply for a job, but do not recieve the job, we will delete the information within 30 days, unless you consent to us archiving the CV. If you provide your consent, we will delete the personal data no later than 3 years unless you grant us a new consent.
Retention of anonymous information is not subject to such limitations or requirements. In addition, we try to ensure that personal information and other customer information is updated and correct and that we do not store any information that is unnecessary in relation to the purposes of processing personal information.
How to access and control your personal data?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Know what personal data we have stored on you and request access to a copy of it
- Require wrong, unnecessary, or outdated personal information to be corrected or removed
- Object to processing of your personal data, typically where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) or you may object or opt out from receiving marketing
- Request restriction or deletion of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdrew your consent.
If you have given us personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com or send us a written notification:
eSmart Systems AS
Håkon Melbergs vei 16
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We note that you have the right to make a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. However, we appreciate that you direct any requests or complaints to us first.
Last updated: May 18th, 2022