eSmart Systems’ team of specialists are among the most accomplished in the industry, with deep industry expertise and extensive international experience in establishing, growing, and operating global markets. The team’s common purpose is to create an environment of innovation and collaboration.
Meet the leaders behind one of the world’s most innovative infrastructure inspections companies.
Sunny NagraChief Marketing Officer
- Information Systems BSc (Brunel University 2001)
- Over 22 years of experience in the energy sector across the energy verticals from Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Energy trading to the consumer.
- For the past 11 years, worked for General Electric, holding various senior global positions across multiple businesses with a focus on business development and marketing.
Tor Ø. FrydenbergSENIOR CONSULTANT AT SMART INNOVATION NORWAY
- M.Sc. in Radio Technology and Information Systems from the Norwegian University for Science and Technology (NTNU).
- Held various leadership positions at Ericsson including CEO for Norway.
- Special Advisor and Senior Consultant at Smart Innovation Norway.
- Currently serving as an investor, chairman and member of the board for a number of start-up companies.
Siri KalvigCEO AT NYSNØ
- CEO of the new Norwegian sovereign wealth fund geared toward climate investments, Nysnø Climate Investments AS.
- MSc in meteorology and a Ph.D. in offshore wind energy.
Headed the research network for clean energy at the University of Stavanger.
- Founded several businesses and is actively engaged in finance and start-up companies within environmental technology.
- Established StormGeo. leading global provider of weather intelligence.
- Developed several national campaigns to spread awareness and knowledge about climate issues.
Nils Ole KreklingGROUP VICE PRESIDENT AT KONGSBERG
- M.Sc in finance from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration and an executive program in corporate strategy from INSEAD.
- Vice President of Corporate Business Development at Kongsberg Gruppen ASA.
- Held several positions in Strategy, Business Development and Finance
- Extensive industry experience in M&A and Strategic Partnering Arrangements.
Michael DonnellyPARTNER AND CHIEF RISK OFFICER AT ENERGY IMPACT PARTNERS
- Partner and Chief Risk Officer at Energy Impact Partners
- 25-year career at General Electric focused on energy in various senior leadership positions.
- Risk Officer at GE Global Sponsor Finance where he underwrote and managed a portfolio of over $1B.
- Risk Officer for the Equity Group where he ensured proper underwriting for a broad array of equity and debt investments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy and MBA from the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Virginia.
Knut H. H. JohansenESMART SYSTEMS' PREVIOUS CEO
- Founder of eSmart Systems AS, established in 2012
- Serial entrepreneur with more than 21 years’ experience in innovating, developing and delivering IT solutions to the energy industry globally.
- Founded and led Navita Systems.
- Headed OMX Technology Energy Systems (now NASDAQ),
- Founded and led Hand-El Scandinavia, a spin-off from the Institute for Energy Technology in Halden, Norway, and headed the department for energy systems at the Institute for Energy Technology
- Responsible for ETRM and grid system deliveries to a large number of prominent energy companies, including E.ON, Statoil, Hydro, Statkraft, Fortum and Mercuria.
- Initiated Norwegian Centre of Expertise – Smart Energy Markets which is supported by the Norwegian Authorities.
- MSc in electrical engineering
Moritz JungmannINVESTMENT PRINCIPLE AT FUTURE ENERGY VENTURES
- Investment Principle at Future Energy Ventures since its inception in 2020
- Part of Innogy early stage ventures since 2017.
- Extensive experience in the field of clean tech, smart city and industrial technology solutions.
- Leads the collaboration interface at FEV with strategic limited partners.
- Gained entrepreneurial experience as a founder of two bootstrapped companies after graduating from Zeppelin University as MSc in Public Management and International Relations.
- Holds additional board director seats at Tracks, Skenario Labs, Calipsa, Holo-Light and Getaway.
Thor Olav T. EgelandINVESTMENT MANAGER AT EQUINOR VENTURES
- Investment Manager at Equinor Ventures.
- 5+ years of venture investment experience in the energy transition sectors.
- Held several international investment and business development positions in Equinor from 2009 to 2016.
- MSc in Finance and Economics from Warwick Business School and a BSc in Economics from the University of Bergen and the University of Cape Town.