Sales VP, North America
eSmart employs a great team and cutting-edge technology to transform the way utilities inspect and maintain their critical infrastructure, which is critical to a more sustainable future. The North American sales team plays a crucial role in taking our flagship product, Grid Vision® , to market. As eSmart’s Sales VP for North America, you will lead our Sales efforts as we build upon a strong base of utility accounts and partnerships in the US and Canada, to create a SaaS business with impressive and sustained growth.
eSmart Systems is looking for an experienced Sales leader who is confident in building and growing a team while accelerating our commercial success. You should be passionate about sustainable energy and how AI and advanced analytics can provide better outcomes for the utility industry. This role is directly responsible for the North American business unit meeting its quarterly and annual sales and revenue target, while growing the pipeline through customer contact, partnerships, and marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone that has proven leadership skills, strong written and verbal skills, and is a team player that positively shares experience, knowledge, and information.
The right candidate has 10+ years’ experience in selling technology solutions, and 3+ years’ experience leading sales teams. Experience in the Energy and Utility industry is strongly preferred. You are great at balancing competing priorities, like recruitment, lead generation, closing deals and implementing best practices. You will report to the President and CEO of North America and the Chief Revenue Officer.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- A player/coach, who leads the Sales efforts in North America while also successfully owning strategic prospects and accounts
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead a top strategic sales team
- Willing to invest time to implement best practices and methodologies, to build the foundation for greater scale
- Creative approach to contributing to marketing and engagement campaigns to reach and influence our target audience
- Able to lead the team to achieve a balance of focus across all stages of the pipeline
- Leverages successful experience to help Sales Directors move complex, strategic deals through the sales process, to anticipate and manage risk, and ultimately accelerate closing
- Ensure the team develops and writes high quality, tailored proposals, statements of work and RFP responses in line with the customer requirements
- Experience and demonstrated success with start-ups or high-growth companies.
- Complex sales experience, with demonstrated pattern of quota achievement.
- Comfortable with technology and excited to learn how eSmart’s Grid Vision works
- Strong written and verbal communications, with the ability to effectively engage C-Suite as well as operational customers focused on the details
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people delivering a critical service to make energy more safe, affordable, and sustainable.
- A proven, industry-leading SaaS and AI-based solution that is aligned with key North American utility trends
- Opportunity to participate in building one of the most interesting and impactful technology companies in the world
- Competitive compensation and benefits with generous 401k matching
- Equity in a compelling growth company
Location: Austin or Atlanta preferred, 33% travel expected
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $180,000 base with $150,000 annual bonus at target (uncapped)
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com