Head of Customer Success (North America)
eSmart Systems builds and delivers the next generation AI-based analytics software solutions for inspections and optimization of the world’s critical energy infrastructure, electric power lines and grid maintenance planning. The company is based on 20+ years of international experience in establishing and operating knowledge-based solutions for energy companies. Since 2013 the company has grown rapidly and currently consists of almost 90 employees with offices in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and US.
eSmart has commercial revenues from large and established utilities and transmission & distribution grid operators. The North American team is working with many of the largest IOU’s in the US and recently expanded to Canada. Key investors in the company are Energy Impact Partners, Kongsberg Digital, Equinor Ventures, Nysnø, innogy Ventures and several Norwegian utilities. In 2019 eSmart Systems raised $34.4M in funding to accelerate its growth in North America, focusing on opportunities to apply its market leading AI solutions to transform the way energy companies inspect and optimize critical infrastructure assets. In 2018 and 2019 we were selected as one of four Finalist for Microsoft’s AI Partner of the Year out of 2,600 AI companies. We continued our impressive grow in 2020, even as we dealt with the impact of the pandemic. Our growth ambitions for 2021+ are ambitious, and as our Head of Customer Success you will be responsible for building and managing the team responsible for our innovation and expansion within existing accounts.
Overview of Role
Transforming established business processes is hard. As our North American Head of Customer Success, you will play a pivotal role ensuring the most compelling impact across our customer base. As customers achieve success with our solutions, we will leverage this experience to expand. As a growing SaaS company, Customer Success is vital to our long-term profitability.
In this role you will be responsible for all our Customer Success activities in North America, reporting directly to the President of North America and the Chief Commercial Officer. Customer Success is part of the Commercial group in the company and consists of three functions in North America that will be led by this position: Customer Success, Delivery, and Support. You will own the full customer lifecycle and management after the hand-off from sales. An important part of the role will be for you to build, manage, and scale a high functioning organization.
- Lead our North American Delivery, Customer Success and Support teams
- Responsible for the hiring, talent management and scaling of these 3 NAM teams
- Ensure successful deliveries
- Participate actively in sales activities, including presentations and proposals
- Drive and measure customer satisfaction with our customers, leading to expansions
- Develop best practices and templates to support deployment and support of our core product, Grid Vision
- Manage our critical partnership network
- Lead the NAM effort to manage costs of goods sold
- Be a key stakeholder in the product strategy and roadmap process
What we offer:
- Opportunity to participate in building one of the most interesting and impactful technology companies in the world
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people on some of the most exciting projects anywhere
- Short decision lines and agile working methods
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence decisions
- Endless opportunities to grow
- Startup mentality with high drive, great values, hands-on, willing to be disruptive
- Challenger personality
- Experienced leader with proven success hiring and developing team members
- Capable of leading strategic and difficult client conversations
- Great track record of managing key projects and delivering strategic solutions
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- 5+ years management experience of high performance team
- EST of CST in NAM (Canada a possibility), with major airport accessible
- Available (post-COVID) for up to 50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Electric utility experience
- Experience delivering SaaS and AI solutions
- Strategic selling
- Consulting experience, especially change management and management consulting
- Austin or Dallas TX location
For information on the role please contact Steve Hambric, President of eSmart Systems North America.