Director of Sales USA
eSmart Systems builds and delivers the next generation AI-based analytics software solutions for inspections and optimization of the world’s critical energy infrastructure, electric power lines and grid maintenance planning. The company is based on 20+ years of international experience in establishing and operating knowledge-based solutions for energy companies. Since 2013 the company has grown rapidly and currently consists of almost 90 employees with offices in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and US.
eSmart has commercial revenues from large and established utilities and transmission & distribution grid operators. The North American team is working with many of the largest IOU’s in the US and recently expanded to Canada. Key investors in the company are Energy Impact Partners, Kongsberg Digital, Equinor Ventures, Nysnø, innogy Ventures and several Norwegian utilities. In 2019 eSmart Systems raised $34.4M in funding to accelerate its growth in North America, focusing on opportunities to apply its market leading AI solutions to transform the way energy companies inspect and optimize critical infrastructure assets. In 2018 and 2019 we were selected as one of four Finalist for Microsoft’s AI Partner of the Year out of 2,600 AI companies. We continued our impressive grow in 2020, even as we dealt with the impact of the pandemic. And our growth ambitions for 2021+ are ambitious.
eSmart Systems is looking for an experienced Sales Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about AI or analytics technology and delivering innovative solutions that optimize how energy providers deliver energy. This role is directly responsible for meeting quarterly quotas and growing the pipeline through direct contact with our potential clients and partners. We are looking for someone that has proven leadership skills, strong written and verbal skills, and is a team player that positively shares experience, knowledge, and information.
The right candidate has 5+ years’ experience in the Energy and Utility industry and with either (1) demonstrated success with selling complex solutions to IOU’s in North America or (2) a successful track record of being a highly effective consultant or pre-sales resource in the energy sector. You are a self-driven, structured and business-savvy salesperson. You will be part of a successful, international sales team, and report directly to sales leadership in North America.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ability to generate leads through direct outreach to utilities and partners, targeted account marketing campaign execution and through network of strong relationships in the industry.
- Lead on moving a deal from initial contact through to contact signed in 12+ months complex sales cycles
- Develop and write proposals, statements of work and RFP responses in line with the customer requirements
- Experience and demonstrated success with start-ups or high growth companies.
- Complex sales experience, with demonstrated pattern of quota achievement.
- Ability to present to the C-Suite
- Responsible for weekly manager updates, tracking sales activities in CRM, and meeting quarterly goals.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of eSmart’s offering – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers.
- Deep energy and electric utility industry knowledge and understanding of how utilities make money.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people delivering a critical service to make energy more safe, affordable, and sustainable.
- A proven, industry leading SaaS and AI-based solution that is aligned with key North America utility trends
- Opportunity to participate in building one of the most interesting and impactful technology companies in the world
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Short decision times and agile working methods
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence decisions
- Endless opportunities to grow, including international possibilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
To apply, please send your application to Sarah Densmore at email@example.com