Digital Marketing Director (North America)
eSmart Systems is looking for a digitally savvy and detail-oriented Digital Marketing Director to join our growing marketing team. This individual will be responsible for creating and executing engaging and effective online demand creation campaigns with a goal of acquiring new customers and expanding within existing accounts. You will be accountable for optimizing digital content by use of data and analytics to measure and maximize customer engagement and commercial benefit.
This role will report to the Global Head of Marketing and support the North America commercial team, ideally based in Central or Eastern time zones in the US.
What will you be doing?
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing marketing plans to support major strategic initiatives
- Creating and delivering online demand creation campaigns including account-based marketing
- Creating email programs including automation and nurture
- Creating and releasing internal and external media channel communication content
- Developing marketing collateral and sales tools to support the commercial team
- Compiling and measuring performance of marketing activities based on data and analytics against set KPIs
- Identifying opportunities to optimize marketing activities to maximize engagement and improve lead generation
- Managing and developing promotional marketing calendar
- Developing creative assets for display ads, paid promotions, social content
- Delivering and managing virtual and face-to-face events
- Working with the cross functional team from marketing, sales, product line to develop compelling content.
Who are we looking for?
The role is best suited to someone who is a self-starter, has strong interpersonal skills, has a creative flair for engaging content and is confident in co-ordinating multiple work streams and stakeholders.
- A B2B marketer with skills in ABM, lead generation, inbound marketing, persona/segmentation, and campaign optimization
- 5+ years of experience [SN2] in digital marketing environment or similar
- Hands-on experience in creating digital ads, video, static across social media platforms such as Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Display, Personalization and similar platforms
- Self-starter and driven with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of digital marketing KPIs – knowing how to prioritize and differentiate between key leading KPI’s and generic indicators
- Team player attitude with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working across different time zones preferred.
- Experience working remotely (minimum two years if possible).
- Experience in the software sector is desirable but not a must have.
- Experience in the energy sector and preferably utilities is desirable but not a must have.
What’s in it for you?
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to take their marketing career to the next level and join a fast pace organization. If you enjoy working in an environment with short decision times and agile working methods then this role is for you. There are endless opportunities to grow and learn. If you have an interest in AI and machine learning, this role will be an opportunity for you to work on industry leading solutions that deliver critical services to make the energy sector more safe, affordable and sustainable.
A bit about us
eSmart Systems builds and delivers the next generation AI-based analytics software solutions for inspections and optimization of the world’s critical energy infrastructure, electric power lines and grid maintenance planning. Since 2013 the company has grown rapidly and currently consists of almost 80 employees with offices in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and US.
In 2018 and 2019 we were selected as one of four Finalist for Microsoft’s AI Partner of the Year out of 2,600 AI companies. eSmart has commercial revenues from large and established utilities and transmission & distribution grid operators across the world. Key investors in the company are Energy Impact Partners, Kongsberg Digital, Equinor Ventures, Nysnø, Innogy Ventures and several Norwegian utilities.
In 2019 eSmart Systems raised $34.4M in funding to accelerate its growth in North America, where we continue to expand and grow our market share.
For information on the role please contact Shane Fay, Vice President Sales and Marketing US.