Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to manage and oversee the finance function of eSmart Systems AS. It is an exciting time to join the organization, given its transformative plans and strong future growth potential. The CFO will be responsible for driving funding processes, M&A, IPO processes, public reporting, and handle investor relations. The position will be part of the leadership team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CFO is expected to be an experienced leader with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a proven track record and experience with public listing and reporting.
- Manage IPO processes
- Strong involvement in funding and M&A processes
- Public reporting and investor relations communication
- Manage the company’s financial planning
- Drive the commercial mindset of the organization to optimize product and services value creation, and optimize and grow the SaaS revenues
- Financial reporting and analysis, cash flow management, and risk assessment
- Drive budgeting/forecasting processes and preparations, with a particular focus on strategic planning process
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, and evaluate performance
- Actively contribute to the strategic initiatives and investments of the group by providing financial analysis and guidance on strategic partnerships and joint venture agreements
- Oversee the international business, including funding and investment of foreign subsidiaries
- Ad-hoc activities as required
- MSc in Finance, Auditing or other relevant fields of study
- Proven experience as CFO in public listed company
- Experience in a scale-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Proven competence within strategic planning and business development
- Strong commercial understanding and experience with developing KPIs
- Experience working in a global organization and with virtual teams
- Analytical decision-making: ability to carry out detailed analysis and comprehend complex issues to support decisions
- Accountability: taking ownership and initiative to execute and follow-up actions taking responsibility for measurable results
- Proven leadership: extensive experience in leading teams and developing talent. Hands-on management style required
- Team player: works well with others through sharing knowledge, experience, and information
- Effective communicator: strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain concepts in a clear, precise, and an efficient manner
- Commercial and operational skills: deep domain finance and commercial expertise with the ability and willingness to understand and work alongside operations
Location: Oslo or Halden, Norway
About eSmart Systems
eSmart Systems builds and delivers the next generation AI-based analytics software solutions for inspections and optimization of the world’s critical energy infrastructure, electric power lines, and grid maintenance planning. Since 2013 the company has grown rapidly and currently consists of almost 80 employees with offices in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and USA.
In 2018 and 2019 we were selected as one of four Finalists for Microsoft’s AI Partner of the Year out of 2,600 AI companies. eSmart has commercial revenues from large and established utilities and transmission & distribution grid operators across the world. Key investors in the company are Energy Impact Partners, Kongsberg Digital, Equinor Ventures, Nysnø, innogy Ventures and several Norwegian utilities.
If this role seems interesting, please contact Roy Angell at email@example.com
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.