- We want to put our competent AI environment on the map
Next year, the big venture AI Week will take place for the first time. Over the course of three days in September 2020, the spotlight will be on artificial intelligence and the endless possibilities of technology. The initiators aim to create an unparalleled conference week in Norway's AI epicenter, Halden.
- AI Week is a collaborative project in which the Institute of Energy Technology (IFE), Halden municipality, eSmart Systems and Smart Innovation Norway want to showcase the unique environment within artificial intelligence in Halden and Norway. The competence environment within artificial intelligence in Halden dates back to the early 1980s, and has gained solid and broad international experience due to its extensive research and development in the field, says project manager for AI Week, Martine Bjørnstad.
The initiative started with a shared idea of organizing a conference that focuses on artificial intelligence (AI), however the idea has evolved, and it will now be a grand technology festival consisting of several different events with artificial intelligence being the running theme, and sustainability being the underlining theme.
- We wish to put our competent AI environment on the map, adds the initiators of AI Week.
Gathering a AI-national team
- This is an important part of our mutual goal of uniting a Norwegian AI-team. It provides us with a meeting ground for applied artificial intelligence where Norwegian players meet with international environments, arranged by several key organizations with long-standing experience in the field, comments one of the initiators and director of research at IFE, Dr. Tomas Nordlander.
The date is set to September 15-17 next year, and during these three days there will be activities for everyone, regardless of age and knowledge level on the topic.
- This should be something for the sharpest academic minds from India to Canada, and right down to kindergarten level. We will host a main conference in Brygga kultursal with prominent speakers, yet we also want to bring in elements such as coding for children and educational activities for the elderly, says Thor Mosaker, CEO of Smart Innovation Norway.
Intelligent technology put to use
AI Week´s ambition is to create an arena for both the Norwegian and international AI environment, while simultaneously showcasing the excellent AI expertise that lies in Halden and Norway.
- Not to mention, we want to showcase the practical use of this groundbreaking technology, says Knut H. H. Johansen, CEO of eSmart Systems.
Recently, a brand new cluster for applied artificial intelligence, called Cluster for Applied AI, was launched - and it is the initiators of this new cluster that are also behind the initiative of AI Week.
In connection to AI Week, several parallel activities will be arranged in Halden, including an academic conference with the same theme; applied artificial intelligence, hosted by Østfold University College and IFE.
- We have a fantastic bunch of brilliant people from the tech world who are working to get the program in place these days. In addition, all the partners contribute with important skills that will make the event significant for anyone who wants to learn more about AI, says project manager Bjørnstad.
She hopes that the people of Halden will embrace the initiative, both in the form of participation and in showcasing the city itself, the country and the expertise that exists here.
- Without revealing too much, it will be a lot of exciting activities and events during these three days, both academically and of a cultural nature, concludes Bjørnstad and smiles.
For more information, contact:
Martine Bjørnstad, Project Manager AI Week
- Phone: +47 402 20 077
- Email: email@example.com
Tomas Nordlander, IFE Research Director
- Phone: +47 988 24 892
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Knut H. H. Johansen, CEO of eSmart Systems
- Phone: + 47 909 81 318
- Email: email@example.com
Jens-Petter Berget, Head of the Department of Social Development in Halden Municipality
- Phone: +47 402 21 454
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thor Mosaker, CEO of Smart Innovation Norway
- Phone: +47 934 35 163
- Email: email@example.com